In recent years, mobile has gained prominence over desktop. It is believed that by 2017, there will be about 4.77 billion mobile users in the world. Not just that, it is also being projected that by 2017, 63.4 percent of all mobile users will use their phone to access online content. Given the aforementioned statistics, it is only expected that businesses have begun to take mobile marketing more seriously. In this day and age, where mobile presents itself with many untapped opportunities, it is only fair that businesses should invest more and more on mobile browser testing. After all, responsive design has become a necessity today.
What is mobile browser testing?
Mobile Browser Testing is essentially the process by which developers test websites for their functionality on various mobile devices. Mobile Browser Testing allows app developers to check if their website’s responsive design will run smoothly on a mobile device. This would entail checking the screen size, font size, orientation and many other design-related aspects of a website. Not just that, when a user makes a switch from a laptop or desktop to a mobile device, the website should automatically change resolution and image size.
Why is mobile browser testing important?
Since more and more users are switching from desktop to mobile, it is only a smart move for businesses to test their website’s performance on various mobile devices. Mobile browser testing has gained huge relevance since different mobiles devices come offer different sizes and resolution and thus, a non-responsive design runs the risk of spoiling user experience. Not just that, different mobile devices also offer different hardware capabilities. In such a case, it becomes all the more important for businesses to create responsive designs and test them before releasing them on various platforms.
Mobile Browser Testing is important because it ensures that a website looks good on every single mobile platform. It also omits out the possibility of bugs which ruin user experience and hence, a website’s performance. Through mobile browser testing, website developers can make sure that their website has a friendly user interface and is optimized for every single device.
These days, mobile Browser Testing has gained huge relevance as it allows app developers to find bugs as well as design- and functionality-related issues on their website and thus, ensure an amazing user experience. Not just that, mobile browser testing helps businesses by saving a lot of their time and energy. By creating responsive designs, website developers acquit themselves of the tedious task of customizing design and development every time the website is launched on a new gadget or device. Since mobile marketing is a rather recent phenomenon, mobile browser testing still has a long way to go.
How should businesses go about mobile browser testing?
So, it has already been established that mobile browser testing should be an integral part of the overall procedure of designing. websites. However, the more important question here is: how should businesses go about mobile browser testing? Here are a few tips that will come handy.
1. The most important step in this process will be for businesses to ensure that their websites are HTML and CSS validated. This step will ensure smooth running of a website on various platforms.
2. Businesses should also run their websites on various browsers and operating systems to check their performance. This would mean running a website on different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. and on various operating systems like Mac and Linux. Businesses must also check their website’s performance on both the old as well as new versions of various browsers.
3. The next step in the process would be to check a website’s performance on various mobile devices. While testing this, businesses should consider various parameters like page loading time, resolution, scripting abilities, etc.
4. Businesses can employ the services of mobile browser testing tools to check the functionality- and design-related aspects of a website. There are many mobile browser testing tools available in the market right now. Though most of these offer a free basic package, their premium package offer many wonderful features that businesses can use to their advantage.
5. Last, it is important to create a responsive website. However, it is even more important to check if the website is still responsive after it has been deployed. To create an unforgettable user experience, businesses should perform mobile browser testing both before and after deployment.In recent years, mobile has gained prominence over desktop.